Saturday, January 08, 2005

JLT - 3

Its been a long time since I've had so many ideas on what to write in a post...Usually what happens is that there is tonnes of work (shudddup you disbelievers) and I get so mad staring at XL or googling to find non-existent data to back up my latest harebrained idea, that I need these power breaks. Hot piping coffee in hand, music in my ears, I then decide to either RRAPT or PRART :-) Or if there's so much work that I can't even take my power breaks (Now stoppppppp smirking), then I blog at home on my lappie and upload it the next day...

Today however there are lotsa things I wanna specifically write about. For starters, folks are back..Yippeeee.. I never imagined I would be yelling in joy but I did miss the awesome food at home during their absence. Anyway that wasn't what I wanted to write about...Folks are back and Dad had lotsa juicy gossip about the Kanchi seer controversy. It seems one of our neighbours in Trichy, a stinking rich obnoxious boor whom everyone in our street loved to hate, has been ripped apart in last week's Junior Vikatan. This 'gentle'man who had very close links with the Mutt (Btw, I've seen the late Paramacharya, Sri Jayendra Saraswati (SJS) and Sri Vijayendra Saraswati (VJS) in person thanks to their frequenting this person's palatial residence) has been thoroughly exposed for his not-totally-above-the-board business activities. The irony of the whole thing is that when I heard this news, my first reaction was "There is a God after all :-)" Well.. Grapevine also tells me that the biggest reason for Amma's sudden turnaround vis a vis SJS (besides the hospital issue and SJS's off-the-cuff remark about Amma's defeat in the Lok Sabha elections) is the tonnes and tonnes of Sasikala's black money that is being laundered by the Mutt to finance operations as diverse as civil construction and cinema making. I think that's enough bitching for the day :-)

Other "good news" from Trichy, according to my Mom, is that everyone there seems to be missing me. If what she says is true then there were atleast a dozen people who seemed interested to know if I was "doing good" - starting from the flower vendor Ravi, the vegetables paatti (Damn, I don't even know her name), Iron man Muthu, our dear 82 years young housemaid of 30 years, Manickam (yes, it s a woman's name too) and unfortunately for me, every maami who has a daughter (or knows someone who has a daughter) of marriageable age. I know everyone is concerned that "a chamathu Brahmana payyan is wasting his life away" but Ravi asking my mom how much I earn was simply the last straw. Sad but true. The worst thing is Mom has the gall to actually make it sound as if its all "good news". With every passing day, I am beginning to realise that its an increasingly impossible battle I am waging against this society. My old reason of "not being emotionally mature enough to handle the responsibility of another person's life" sounds terribly cliched, esp after hearing that my bro Venks uses more or less the same words. So I think I'll change tack. The next time I hear something about marriage, I will tell them about how I find my job so mundane and that I plan to quit. (without another job in hand, of course) That should scare the shit outta them and buy me more time. HELL, I AM SERIOUS. I AM GONNA QUIT. (Nice try but still need to improve nuh??)

Talking of marriages, its final now. Atlast I have booked my tickets to go for Pranav's wedding. Just to illustrate how much time I wasted trying to jugadofy people to come with me to Delhi before Papa Bear finally confirmed yesterday, lets just say that I am flying by Deccan now for Rs 4800 and I have been persistently visiting their website checking for availablilty since it was Rs 2500 :-( Wasted hard earned money (for the last time I warn you not to snigger) Neway, did I forget to mention that besides the wedding I am taking a week off and touring Rajasthan - Jaipur, Jodhpur, Udaipur, Chittorgarh and if time permits, Jaisalmer. So eat your hearts out my darlings !!

So much more to pen but goddamn... Its 6 pm and thats when the last shuttle leaves this godforsaken place...Gotta rush to The Forum to watch a movie and buy greeting cards.. yeah, a few more...

3 comments:

dumbs said...

Hey where r u from Trichy? I think I have visited the place u mentioned to visit the people from Kanchi.

Anonymous said...

Allow me to quote you...And so I thought, let me just turn this into a greeting blog. Will post just Happy B'day, Best wishes, Congrats, Get Well and stuff like that... Wowwwww...What a stupendous idea!!What about it now? Gone back on your own words?

Anonymous said...

Hey.. thanks for the plan.. that thing abt quitting jobs.. think it'll actually work for me..

http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com