Ever wondered what you would do when you got "an opportunity to move up in life" - Read here for inspiration. I love such women.
Quirks....Idiosyncracies......Eccentricities....Call it by any name but these small yet important things often shed classic insights into the person behind them...True? NOOOO....Not when the object under the microscope is ME.. Definitely not...But when some of my lovely friends started to compile a list of "10 Crazy Things that you do" and even threatened to circulate it around, I thought it would be better to come up with one myself...Even if its a little skewed - says a lot of 'cute' stuff and is pretty far from the truth ;-) So here I go...
* Making blank calls/SMSs to people who leave their mobile phone numbers in their email signatures for no rhyme or reason
* Letting my opponent come back from 8-19 to 19-20 in Table Tennis and then defeating him - oh yeah, i am a sadist :-)
* Making Smart Alec comments with a REPLY ALL to a goody-goody / mushy-mushy forward (Trust me, bugs the hell outta people)
* Smirking.....anytime of the day, anywhere...to express disapproval, sarcasm, cynicism, incredulity, any goddamn reaction...what would the world be without smirks :-p
* Making faces or teasing little kiddies when they are alone in a department store
* Planning a multiplex movie date and then changing the movie when I am near the ticket counter
* Remembering every single roll nomber I've had starting from Class 2 till Post Grad - every single email id from school to my present work place - every single employee number...and boring people by telling them about it... wanna hear ?
* Insisting on dedicating a Govinda song whenever I am with my really close women friend(s) much to their discomfort and the DJ/RJs horror ;-)
* Buying greeting cards, just because they are cute/ mushy/ naughty, without intending to send them to anyone in particular
Much as I thought long and hard, I could find no quirk no: 10...Hmmm...I must be a pretty boring, run-of-the-mill jackass :-)
A recent survey amongst 90 Odeon cinema managers revealed that the most memorable line in the movies was "You Talkin' to Me?" - the question asked by Travis Bickle (Robert De Niro) in Scorcese's epic Taxi Driver. When I asked G his humble opinion on the matter under consideration he said "Frankly, My Dear, I Don't Give a Damn". I beg to disagree. Now let me think....My choice would have to be from Notting Hill.. When Anna Scott tells William Hacker "... I'm just a girl, standing in front of a boy, asking him to love her. "
I can hear the eeeeeks but what the hell.. It's my choice after all Other honorable mentions
Bond. James Bond.
Life is like a box of chocolates; you never know what you're gonna get.
Of all the gin joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mine.
My father made him an offer he couldn't refuse.
In Sicily, women are more dangerous than shotguns.
Okie, nebody whos known me long enough is aware that I am crazy about quotes..actually crazy about crazy quotes.. Hey, does that sound right ? Neway found a minefield yesterday... Will unleash them one at a time in each of my posts. Here's one to sign off today's post
"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time. I think I've forgotten this before." - Stephen Wright
Happy Deepavali children!!