Thursday, February 17, 2005

More random ramblings...

Start of Post

"We don't read and write poetry because it's cute. We read and write poetry because we are members of the human race. And the human race is filled with passion. And medicine, law, business, engineering, these are noble pursuits and necessary to sustain life. But poetry, beauty, romance, love, these are what we stay alive for. To quote from Whitman,

"O Me! O life!... of the questions of these recurring;
Of the endless trains of the faithless - of cities fill’d with the foolish;
Of myself forever reproaching myself, (for who more foolish than I, and who more faithless?)
Of eyes that vainly crave the light - of the objects mean - of the struggle ever renew’d;
Of the poor results of all - of the plodding and sordid crowds I see around me;
Of the empty and useless years of the rest - with the rest me intertwined;
The question, O me! so sad, recurring - What good amid these, O me, O life?

Answer.
That you are here - that life exists, and identity;
That the powerful play goes on and you may contribute a verse."
"

What will your verse be?

- Dead Poets Society


World record holder and double gold medallist at two consecutive Olympics, a legend who remained undefeated in all major international competitions from 1991 to 1998, Big Dog finally called it a day on February 15th, 2005. Sasha - the fans, the pool and your rivals be it Hoogie, Klim, Thorpedo or Hall will all miss ya :-(


So you've heard of insourcing, outsourcing and offshoring...What about homeshoring ? Here's the latest bad news.


JUPE says " &@$# - MUCFA ILRRM PLXUM WCYG"
Neone who breaks that gets a treat. Budget: Carte blanche :-)


End of Post

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

ok.. the first is the 4 letter very famous non-parliamentary(spelling right?) word.. the rest jsut means no one wished me on my b'day.. so Many More Happy Returns of the Day, Mate!

do I get this treat atleast? ;)

Man with no Name
(http://thisucks.rediffblogs.com)

Anonymous said...

You're really getting fond of Mr. Hawke, aren't you ? ;)

Anonymous said...

Its my Second comment ever on any blog so pleez don't raise hell over breaking rules.

Outgoing mails to external ids isn't working and you don't seem to check Gmail much hence this comment route. Monday here was worse: more so since I'm alone in a new city. {Don't read that as I miss Bangalore, HP and BB} Nywayz your mobile was switched off and I hit the sack early. Sorry for not calling. On the work front, I've inherited a huge mess at office. God Save Me ! We'll talk about it someday son :(

Anonymous said...

Whoa ! It is me Chets again !
Wanted to mention that I liked the deprecatory tone of the latest story in the oder blog. I know you hate cross-comments so no more stunts like disenabling them pleez. Psst: Pardon my asking but why wasn't it posted here ? ;)