Monday, April 04, 2005

The Ones

Thursday, 31-3-2005, 21:44

Hello Pri... How are you ?
Don't tell me you called to say you are not coming
Illadi... I AM leaving tomorrow... I just need a favor from you...
Shoot
I have a date on Saturday evening at The Forum...So can we start early and round up your shopping by 4 ?
Divya ?
Yeah...and I need you to come along too...
Why would I want to be kabaab-mein-haddi ?
Coz there is something in it for you tooo..
Is it ?
Don't be nasty dee...Mahesh is coming..
Ohhhh...
I am not joking...She told me she'll be there alone but I kinda suspect she will bring him along...Besides I am still not convinced they are just good...
Stop it kiddo. You just don't understand women. Take it from me, there is nothing happening between them.
How can you be so sure ?
Woman's instinct
Now that is not something I can dispute, can I ?
Neway what do you want me to do ?
I have a gut feeling he will there spying on me so if you can also do the same for me, I'd be grateful...
This is so juvenile...
But you will do it, nuh ?
Ufff...seri...And you better get her something esp: since this is the first time you guys are meeting...I already have...

Friday, 1-4-2005, 19:22

TN011011: So you won't tell me if the latest story in autobiographical...
Kyootgal: I don't know myself
TN011011: C'mon, I wasn't born yesterday
Kyootgal: Have you considered the possibility of giving me the benefit of doubt once in a while...
TN011011: ...it has to be...if its not experential, you can't write the way he does...
Kyootgal: If you know the answer yourself, why ask me ?
TN011011: Coz I like it straight from the horse's mouth
Kyootgal: There we go fighting again :-(
TN011011: OK OK lets chill now...After all, we have all the time on Saturday evening...
Kyootgal: Excuse me...
TN011011: Didn't I tell ya ? shucks...sorry baba... I am coming to Bangalore this weekend...
Kyootgal: Hmm Hmm
TN011011: ...one of my friends, Pri, is going onsite and I am there to see her off...
Kyootgal: Okay...
TN011011: So can we meet ?
Kyootgal: This is such short notice. I will need to check.
TN011011: With Mahesh ? C'mon, haven't we put this off for too long now..
Kyootgal: Hmmm..
TN011011: If you don't want to catch up, I shan't insist. Forget it then.
Kyootgal: No No..not that way... fine....when and where do you propose that we meet up?
TN011011: Pri needs to shop so can we make it 4 pm at the Transit Lounge - that food place - in the second floor at Forum ?
Kyootgal: Fine with me..I hope you won't mind if I am a couple of minutes late...
TN011011: As long as you are alone and don't come with your aunt or someone...
Kyootgal: You mean Mahesh, don't you ?
TN011011: Grrrr...yeah....
Kyootgal: Relaxxxxxxx Shiv
TN011011: ...and how will I recognise ya ?
Kyootgal: You will, if your claim that you know me well is true ;-)
TN011011: I will call you if I don't think I see you around..ta ta
Kyootgal: C U

So what do you think ?
Hmmm...I thought I'd lost all hope about you and men but looks like you've finally met Mr. Perfect...When did all this happen ?
Yesterday....and its nothing like what you are romanticising re...just that this guy is a little different...
Aren't we all ? Got to give him credit though..Atleast his comments on my blog are profound...
Shuddup....Stop teasing him...
So you're going out on a date, huh ? Best of Luck...
Not you but we....
Hellooooooo...
I need your help, Mahesh...See, I know Shiv's nice and cool and genuinely funny et al but sometimes online personalities are so different from the true self..
So you're saying he could be anything from a juvenile prankster to a serial rapist or a philandering married man..
Stop kidding.. I've spoken to him...he's nothing of that sort...Its just that I want to protect myself on all fronts... What if he doesn't turn out to be the way I've imagined him to be.... what if he is a sily geek, a snobbish MBA or worse still a garrulous tennis player...
Heyyyyy....So...where do I fit in ?
Here's what I want you to do...Just tag along but do not come with me to my seat..... Sit far away in the Lounge and keep watch...Give me 30 minutes with the guy and then call up... If I don't take the call, then I'm fine...If I take it, then it means I need you to save me...
Isn't that kinda sneaky ?
Hear me out, please...And when you come in, I want you to act as if you are my boyfriend...Shiv already suspects and that will make it easier for me to get out of the mess anyway...
This ain't fair..I am not doing anything of this sort...
Waitt... lemme open the red IOU book...
Oh nooooo..That's clearly blackmail...
Not at all..Acc to this, its minus 7...Thats seven you owe me...
OK OK... done...but let me place on record that I don't approve of this hare-brained scheme...
You just play along, precious....
If that's the way you want it, Divya....
Mahesh, I was just wondering..What do you think would be an appropriate gift ?
Hehehe..This is tooo much....
I am serious...Any suggestions ?
Okie.. get him something that he can remember you by but don't get him personal stuff....No clothes, no perfume etc...An impersonal item that is a reflection of your personality would be apt...
I think I get it...Nice idea...
See, we'll make a nice couple if we are both single by 40...

(To be continued)

No comments: