Saturday, May 21, 2005

There is always something magical about working on a Saturday...Maybe its that eerie calm or the fact that there is not a single person within sight which simply means that I am completely on my own with absolutley no interruptions or unwanted disturbances as a result of which, work that normally takes 3 hours gets done in half the usual time. *sigh*. I just wish I could change my working week from Saturday to Wednesday or something like that...Anyway I digress...

Its been ages since I blogged seriously and there is so much that I want to record for posterity, so much to share but then there is also a strange emptiness that seems to engulf me whenever I open the editor. Though I've grappled with the idea of shutting down this blog for long, maybe now is the time for action. After all, what better time than to do it when your blog is a year old...a year and a day to be precise...Of course, the epitaph is all ready but then, there are a couple of promises that I made which are yet to be honoured..So maybe I will just hang around till I am done with 'em and then slink away silently into oblivion...

*shitt...I think i am getting into one of these obscure Saturday moods*.

Okie...First things first...Javed Akhtar does have a wonderful way with words..This particular song is without any doubt one of his finest works but after listening to it for god-knows-how-many-times this afternoon, I am just beginning to wonder if he went a little overboard with his poetic license...

A woman who reminds him of

a blooming rose
a poet's dream
a glowing ray of light
a deer in the forest
a moonlit night
a soft word
a candle burning in the temple
a note from the lute
a cool scented wind
a refreshing mist

All of this ? ALL OF THIS ? Gawd, where is this woman ?

Neway doff my hat to JA.

*pucca pucca I am into one of those Saturday moods*

Damn...I don't feel like writing any more...why is this happening to me ?

*perplexed*

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Blog birthday ! Tum Jiyo hazaron saal {Hey u cant shut shop like this uve just begun}. That was one helluva year of entertaining us all and hope there are many more years of writing left in U.Stay in there buddy ,if work is cramping ur writing style chuck work dont chuck ur writing.

Kishku

Priyanka said...

the woman: wouldn't exist unless you were in love with her..probably it's the love that gives you the vision..in " as good as it gets" Melvin to Carol: "I watch all these people watching you [get their lunch and take their plates?] serve them, and wonder how they can never get that they've been served by the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it, makes me feel good-about myself"
(sorry couldn't remember the entire thing accurately, but got most of it, i guess)

:)

gvenum said...

>>work that normally takes 3 hours gets done in half

True. But you end up wasting double the time browsing you usually do on normal days. So everything evens out.

How you doing Jupee. "Jupees" dont quit dude, If at all, they can make readers quit reading your blog.:)

Jupe said...

Kishku,

Tx again for the very sweet words...

Pri,

The actual lines go sthg like this...

I think most people miss that about you, and I watch them, wondering how they can watch you bring their food, and clear their tables and never get that they just met the greatest woman alive. And the fact that I get it makes me feel good, about me.

but you got almost everything right....Aahsum movie and that man, JN, what can i say abt him...Lets jes say both of us have great movie taste...

Btw, my favorite line is when Melvin gives her a compliment and talks about how much he hates pills finally ending it with ...

You make me want to be a better man.

Venu,

Ooh...didnt know you were reading this blog...and yes, you do have a point abt that pointless surfing ;-)

Dumbs,

Hmmmmmmm