Thursday, December 09, 2004

I ramble on.... - OR - More on F.R.I.E.N.D.S

The Strand Festival is on at Dickenson road...Was there last Sunday evening browsing through the heaps and heaps of books, trying in vain to locate the Wisden Cricket Alamanac for 2003 and a certain coffee table book on Amitabh Bachchan...Didn't get both but cudn't resist from buying a trivia book on F.R.I.E.N.D.S (Now i can understand how Unplanned Expenditures are always on the rise in our Union Budget) Though originally intended as a B'day gift for a dear friend, curiosity has got the better of me and I've opened the gift-wrapping and started flipping through the quizzes dealing with the first few seasons... The foreword by Gunther is so chweet and the episode summary brings back so many memories that I'm hooked onto it for the past 3 days... On the downside, the book now looks so dog-eared that my pal is not gonna believe its a new one :-( Neway tis ok !!

Talking of F.R.I.E.N.D.S (u might think I'm mad but i insist on calling it so rather than jes FRIENDS) , chanced to see one of the early episodes in Season 2 y'day nite in Zee English - The one where Chandler's third nipple secret comes out. (check here for script) I've always been a die-hard Monica fan but there was something about Rachel in yesterday's episode - her vulnerability, her jealousy, her frustration in getting Ross to understand how she feels...Mebbe I should switch allegiance..And yeah, she does look mighty cute in Season 2 :-) By the way, before I forget, for fans of this popular sitcom who keep screaming that the show lost its fizz towards the last few seasons and should have ended somewhere in Season 5 or 6, watch Krishna Cottage on Vijay TV...Its our own desi version of Friends in Tamil and needless to say, its H-O-R-R-I-B-L-E.

Ending it with one of the more humorous incidents from Season 1 - dedicated to "The Guru" who doesn't want me to "wither away" :-p

Monica: What you guys don't understand is, for us, kissing is as important as any part of it.
Joey: Yeah, right!... Y'serious?
Phoebe: Oh, yeah!
Rachel: Everything you need to know is in that first kiss.
Monica: Absolutely.
Chandler: Yeah, I think for us, kissing is pretty much like an opening act, y'know? I mean it's like the stand-up comedian you have to sit through before Pink Floyd comes out.
Ross: Yeah, and-and it's not that we don't like the comedian, it's that-that... that's not why we bought the ticket.
Chandler: The problem is, though, after the concert's over, no matter how great the show was, you girls are always looking for the comedian again, y'know? I mean, we're in the car, we're fighting traffic... basically just trying to stay awake.
Rachel: Yeah, well, word of advice: Bring back the comedian. Otherwise next time you're gonna find yourself sitting at home, listening to that album alone.
Joey: [pause] ... Are we still talking about sex?

;-)

Current Mood: Chatty
Current song: Hum Tum (Instrumental)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am dying to watch the entire season 1 again!! Cant seem to catch hold of the episodes anywhere..:(
And yeah, I love F.R.I.E.N.D.S. too:)!!
Divya