Thursday, June 10, 2004

Mayhem at 2 am...

He he he :-) That actually rhymed.. which means I am making progress in my poetic endeavors. (My heart swells with pride - but why am I almost blushing like a new bride - Shucks, yet again I digress - but then maybe its due to the stress - There's loads to do n its already bloody late- Ranting at this odd hour seems to be my fate ) Holy Cow !! That also rhymed ?? Mebbe I am India's answer to Wordsworth ;-) Its now 2:04 am.. That brilliant verse took me jes four minutes..Wow !!

Neway, wots it with two o clock n me..When I look back(that’s the third flashback for this week) I remember a lot of crazy things that have happened at this unearthly hour..The most recent thing I can recollect is meeting Ramkumar, a long lost school mate of mine after 9 years at a roadside motel last week. Both of us had been returning from our hometowns to Bangalore and had alighted from our respective buses half woozy suffering from the intolerable movie being played in our buses. Literally bumping into each other at the Johnny, we had exchanged visiting cards, cell phone nos, gossiped a little about life and then gone our ways.

And then…The 11 pm late night HBO movie ends at around 1:15am and after eating my Maggi from the night canteen, I still clearly recollect the endless hours of Table Tennis that I’ve played at SP. Thrashing the living daylights outta Ashish " Bond" Jain at those odd hours gave me a terrific kick. It was as if I was taking revenge on behalf of all the engineers against the CAs - the buggers used to screw us in acads :-)

And anyone whos ever watched Asianet (shant tell u which day) will also tell u that 2 am is a great time to have an honest man-to-man talk.... Distinctly remember how Murali, one of my good friends from under grad days, called me up one night in December 2000 (it was the week when our cable wala disconnected our line citing our refusal to settle his back wages), woke me up from my deep slumber and gave me a blow-by-blow account of what had transpired you-know-where :-)

There are lots more..The drunken walk from Enigma to SPCE after Tusku's job treat.... I could go on.. but I shall rest here..yawn... Zzzzzzzzz

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

'Varthai Vendhane' here is something your namesake penned specially for you (with a lil help from Susie ;))

For oft, when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude;
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
Aahhhhh Asianet and its thrills!