Wednesday, July 21, 2004

Filler no: 1

Jupie is in a terrible mood. Requsted me to fill in for the whole of dis week. Since i'm just back from a holiday in the North-East, thot i'd share my travelog. But Jupie insists i write on only stuff i know somethin' about. Which he presumes is movies - this beggar actually wants to be a chooser :)

Nyways, GOOD WILL HUNTING is 1 of our all-times faves. Tis got something for all kindsa ppl. The romantics, the sentimentalists, the losers, the philosphers, the entire lot. So will showcase it for the whole of dis week.

For details of basic plot, cast and characters, plz check here.


GWH for the romantics

Will sits with Morgan at the bar watching with some amusement as Chuckie and Billy play bar basketball game where the players shoot miniature balls at a small basket. In the B.G.Occasionally we hear Chuckie shouting "Larry!" When he scores.
Skylar emerges from the crowd and approaches Will.

SKYLAR
You suck.

WILL
What?

SKYLAR

I've been sitting over there for forty-
five minutes waiting for you to come
talk to me. But I'm just tired now
and I have to go home and I wasn't
going to keep sitting there waiting
for you.

WILL
I'm Will.

SKYLAR

Skylar. And by the way.
That guy over there is a real dick and
I just wanted you to know he didn't
come with us.

WILL

I kind of got that impression.

SKYLAR

Well, look, I have to go. Gotta' get
up early and waste some more money on
my overpriced education.

WILL
I didn't mean you. Listen, maybe...

SKYLAR

Here's my number.

Skylar produces a folded piece of paper and offers it to Will.

SKYLAR (cont'd)

Maybe we could go out for coffee
sometime?

WILL
Great, or maybe we could go somewhere
and just eat a bunch of caramels.

SKYLAR
What?

WILL

When you think about it, it's just as
arbitrary as drinking coffee.

SKYLAR

(laughs)
Okay, sounds good.

She turns.

WILL

Five minutes.

SKYLAR
What?

WILL
I was trying to be smooth.
(indicates clock)
But at twelve-fifteen I was gonna come
over there and talk to you.

SKYLAR
See, it's my life story.
Five more minutes and I would have got
to hear your best pick-up line.

WILL

The caramel thing is my pick-up line.

A beat.

SKYLAR
Glad I came over.

No comments: